Forest Portfolio Operations Manager – Ingka Investment team, Riga Latvia
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
• Advanced/university degree in Forestry with good knowledge in forest resource economics and finance
• Minimum 7 years forestry background with experience with strategic, tactical and operational planning of the forest management
• Knowledge with latest technological developments in the forest management field
• Evidence of identifying and implementing improvement or change that lead to efficiency gains
• 5 years+ in a leadership role including experience with building and maintaining business/investor/stakeholder relationships and managing international teams
• Strong ability to prioritize and work highly dynamic environment.
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
• Good judgment and the ability take sound and common sense decisions.
• High level of integrity and maturity.
• You are eager to learn, to share your own competence and want to develop yourself and the INGKA Group
• You are prepared to travel locally and occasionally internationally
And of course you need to share and demonstrate the INGKA group values, be enthusiastic about working in our team and have a genuine interest in home furnishing.
In this role you will report to the Forestry Portfolio Manager. The position is a full-time position with a local contract, based in Riga.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As a Forest Portfolio Operations Manager within INGKA Group, you will be acting in an international environment, communicating with various stakeholders – both internally and externally, learning from others and sharing your expertise. You will indirectly support business growth and sustained long term profitability of the INGKA Group through forest management.
Your Main tasks will be:
• Identify, define and develop the forest management strategy that will lead to value creation
• Lead the process of planning (strategic, tactical and operational) to meet the financial and business objectives for the forestry portfolio
• Pro-actively identify areas for efficiency improvements and drive to implement the solutions to achieve them
• Influence local forest operation managers to achieve their budget goals
• Contribute to the projects in Compliance, Digitalization, Acquisition fields
• Share best practice and secure technology adoption across the whole portfolio
• Create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customer
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
INGKA Investments is the investment arm of INGKA Group. Our mission is to lead with purposeful investments enabling INGKA Group’s long-term growth and financial strength. We want to position INGKA Group as a unique, responsible and trusted investor. Our wished position is to be a strategic partner to IKEA Retail and INGKA Centres: we want to invest where it contributes to make INGKA Group the world’s leading multichannel home furnishing retailer. As an example, investing in renewable energy supports our sustainability strategy and secures financial strength for future growth. We make investments through five investments portfolios.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET’S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to Andriy Hrytsyuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Pernilla Cederlund at pernilla.cederlund.@ikea.com.
Please send in your application – in English, consisting of a CV and a cover letter named after the specific position, as soon as possible. We are looking forward to get to know you soon!
FYI: This recruitment is being handled in a new recruitment system where you as a candidate now have your own recruitment page. You can now track the status of your application and edit attachments even after submitting your application. Please note that the candidate information we may have saved in the previous recruitment system is not connected to the new platform. You will be asked to update your profile with new information.
One of our largest indirect resource needs is wood. We love wood because it is beautiful, durable, renewable, and recyclable.
As a large user of wood, we have a unique opportunity to make a difference. As a responsible forest owner, we are interested in methods that will allow us to preserve and even increase the quality of the forest over time.
From country to country, rules in forestry may vary, but our commitment to be a responsible forest manager stays the same. We own forest land in Europe (currently in Baltics and Romania) and the US, and collaborate with local management who share our views on sustainability and forest management.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE US
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers. At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together. Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
WHAT WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON
- Living our values
- Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
- A passion for home furnishing
- Performing & delivering while learning & developing
- Having fun!
Application deadline 07 June 2019